Promoted by Registered Charitable Trust :
GIR ODISHA FOUNDATION
Main objective of Gir Odisha Program – To upgrade non-descript Zebu cattle herds into ‘Gir’, through planned breeding.
TARGETS: GOP Phase-II
- 100 GIR DAIRY FARM by 2019
- 250 model GIR Farms by 2025
- Dairy Farm has at least 2 Gir cows and a Milk,Urine, Dung processing & solar facility by 2028.
- In Gir Odisha Program Phase ii we are trying to help the Dairy entrepreneurs set up Dairy farms with Gir breed of cattle fitted with milk product manufacturing units.
MAY 2010 1st calf born out of zebu x Gir A.I. (50% Gir) — Achieved (see Fl.Gallery)
MAY 2011 Calves (50% Girs) born from our A.I. services 100 Achieved (see Gallery)
MAY 2012 Calves (50% Girs) born from our A.I. services 700
Markings of progenies reaching 1 year age
MAY 2013 Calves (50% Girs) born from our A.I. services 2000
& 1st Cow with 50% Zebu & 50% Gir blood (F1) and 1st F2 (75% GIR) calf born.
MAY 2014 F1 cows 40
Pregnant heifers 300
F1 calves 3000
F2 calves 40
Performance evaluation / reporting will be done prior to scheduling of targets beyond 2014.
A dairy vibrant Odisha state by 2040; providing organic inputs into human nutrition & agriculture.
Dairy development in rural Odisha.
GIR ODISHA PROGRAM-II
Dairy Dev. Objectives:
- Helping entrepreneurs to set up & sustain Gir Dairy Farms. Set a tradition to rear Gir.
- Popularize Gir bullocks and processing milk, urine & Dung in Odisha
Our Aim is:
1) Public gets good milk
2) Rural youngsters get sustained sufficient income to lead a respectable life.
3) Farm animals lead a comfortable life with optimum productivity.
(Disclaimer): We do not sell cows. Our primary focus is to help people interested in Gir dairy farming and related activities.
Join our Whatsapp group @ +91-9937446956 to get interesting updates from our experts sharing their experience, information, thoughts and many more.